If you have any questions please contact your school athletic director. You can find their contact information on our Contact Us page.
Starting September 2021 school sports will resume under the guidance of the Ministry of Education, the Provincial Health Officer and BC School Sports. BC School Sports has provided schools with the Return to School Sport Guidelines (link to document below). Please review these guidelines prior to starting the season and hosting games. Below is a highlight of what the guidelines currently require:
- Student-athletes are required to wash or sanitize their hands before and after any school sport activities.
- Sharing equipment is permitted. All equipment is subject to the cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
- Physical distancing is not required but participants should use the maximum space available to reduce crowding.
- Vaccinations to participate or spectate are not required but are encouraged.
- Masks must be worn by K-12 staff, other adults (ie. spectators) and students in grades k-12 at all times when a barrier is not present.
- Students are not required to wear a mask during high-intensity sport activities. Those who are not actively playing (substitutes) must be wearing a mask when off the court of play.
- Officials that are required to use a whistle are not required to wear a mask.
- Spectators are permitted. However, schools and/or districts may prohibit or restrict spectators within their school(s) at their discretion.
- Spectators will be required to sign in to any indoor event, provide contact information and confirm they have completed the daily self-assessment for illness before visiting the site. We will adhere to the Provincial Health Order for gatherings. The current Order in Island Health for indoor activities is 50 people or 50% of room capacity. Please be reminded athletes, coaches, and officials are to be included within the capacity count.
- Masks are not required by student-athletes. For coaches masks are not required but is recommended when working closely with athletes.
- For outdoor events, the limit of the total persons is 5000 (including student-athletes, coaches, officials, officials, minor officials and spectators) or 50% of the venue capacity (only applied if the capacity is beyond 10,000).
Link to BCSS RTS Guidelines – Sept 8, 2021